Correct installation of the water hoses
is essential to make this component work properly, which has become increasingly important inside, especially, the hydro-sanitary systems. It is important to note, however, that at the time of delivery, the tube is accompanied by the assembly instructions.
This operation, even if it requires basic knowledge, is a necessary step to guarantee all the functional properties of the applications in which it is installed. The basic rules, mainly dictated by experience and common sense, are:
1. Avoid any assembly of the tube that leads it to work in a state of tension:
it must be ensured that the distance that the tube must cover is less than its length. For the same reason it is necessary to check that the tube is not bent or that it is not twisted on itself: these defects, if not necessarily required during the design phase for particular needs, can create more or less serious problems;
2. Check the environment in which it operates:
environmental conditions or dangerous contacts are particularly harmful for the resistance and durability of the component;
3. The assembly of the gaskets and fittings must be carried out correctly
, whether it is O-Ring type gaskets or deformation gaskets. In addition to this, it is essential to ensure adequate tightening that can be achieved with various types of tools: both simple wrenches and more sophisticated devices such as torque wrenches can be used. A too loose tightening can give problems of leaks or pressure losses while, if the tightening is too strong, there is a risk of breakage of the component with the consequences that derive from this;
By respecting these simple and basic rules, it is possible to obtain a state-of-the-art assembly by avoiding frequent and expensive intervention on the system to correct defects that can be solved beforehand. In fact, having quality water hoses available, such as those made by Gnali Bocia, is a necessary but not sufficient condition for optimal operation: without proper assembly, you risk losing both money and time!
Obviously these are only preliminary rules, which must also be accompanied by technical requests:
- The position of the curve cannot be near the fitting, but at least at a distance of 50 mm from it: this requirement reduces breakages and increases the performance of the component;
- The curvature must also not be greater than three times the diameter to avoid any problems related to aging, a particularly important phenomenon that characterizes highly bent tubes.
In principle, it can be said that by respecting both the first and the following rules, it is possible to exploit the component in an adequate way, guaranteeing excellent operation and a reduction in the costs necessary for maintenance and control over time.
To have a correct functioning of the hydraulic systems and to have control in terms of safety, it is essential not only the selection and installation step of the hose, but also the maintenance process carried out subsequently and regularly.
Being devices that can be in contact with more or less complex systems, flexible water hoses represent a fundamental safety component and maintenance is an essential requirement to avoid consequences that can even be serious.
To ensure safety and reliability, it is necessary to follow some fundamental precautions:
1. Routine maintenance: monthly or periodic check that is carried out on the flexible hoses to investigate any malfunctions or failures. Although it certainly requires time to be implemented effectively, it allows savings both in economic terms and in terms of time, reducing downtime of the system both at an industrial and civil level;
2. Pay attention to leaks: a hose can be damaged and cause leaks that must be identified and investigated. In fact, the liquid can cause both direct damage to people or operators, but also be in proximity to objects or materials that can cause fires or explosions;
3. Repair and replacement: it is quite frequent that, over time, a component can be damaged or even undergo total failure. In the first case, an attempt is made to repair the component without necessarily replacing it; in the second case, the choice necessarily falls on replacement;
4. Cleaning and filtering: the initial cleaning of the hoses that are inserted into the system is necessary to avoid damage. The same applies to the fluid that flows inside: if the fluid is not clean but has contamination, it can damage the component and the hose;
5. Check the pressure and temperature: the flexible water hoses, like all the other components produced by Gnali Bocia, have a technical data sheet indicating the maximum temperature and pressure of the fluid carried by the hose itself. Exceeding the maximum values shortens the useful life of the component and can cause damage and malfunctions to the entire system.
The use of flexible water hoses can involve both industrial and civil plants. The advantages of maintenance are evident if we consider the consequences of any damage to one of these components:
- Reduction of risks associated with safety both for the plant and for people in contact;
- Reduction of investments aimed at replacing damaged parts;
- Longer life of components with fewer replacements over time;
- Reduction of downtime to offices, production plants and domestic premises due to replacement and late repair.
I contenuti di questo sito non hanno carattere di periodicità e non rappresentano 'prodotto editoriale'.